Important Note: All meetings are open to the general public, and public comment opportunities are provided. Meeting times and draft agendas are subject to change.
To be assured you receive the final agenda prior to a SAC meeting, please sign up on the SAC email list serve.
Friday, January 20, 2023
9:00 am – 12:45 pm
PUBLIC MEETING (In-Person with Remote Option):
Santa Barbara Zoo, Discovery Pavilion
500 Ninos Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Online Option Via Google Meet:
Video Call Link: https://meet.google.com/zsj-nthh-zna
or Dial: (414) 909-4207 PIN: 663 928 635#
Meeting and Background Materials
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memo to council members
- Draft agenda
- Key Outcomes from 11/18/22 SAC Meeting
- Box lunch menu from Santa Barbara Zoo
- Nereid Biomaterials (meeting agenda item 5)
News from around the National Marine Sanctuary System:
For In-Person Participation:
- Parking at Santa Barbara Zoo will be free. If there is a gate attendant, mention that you are coming to the Sanctuary Advisory Council meeting in the Discovery Pavilion.
- Zoo admission is also free, and you are welcome to view the grounds and all exhibits. At the entryway, mention that you are attending the Sanctuary Advisory Council meeting in the Discovery Pavilion.
- It is a very short walk to the meeting room (about 1 minute). After entering the Zoo, proceed to walk over the small bridge and continue straight ahead. The snack bar will be on your right, and the Discovery Pavilion will be on your left.
- There is an optional lunch period following the end of the meeting at 12:45 pm. If you would like to join, a box lunch order form and money collection envelope will be circulated throughout the room between 9:00 - 9:30 am. Orders received at that time will be delivered to the meeting room at 12:45 pm.
For Remote Online Participation:
- Please RSVP via an email to email@example.com.
- At the date and time of the meeting, click on the following Google Meet video call link, or copy and paste it into your web browser: https://meet.google.com/zsj-nthh-zna
- No advance registration is required for online attendance
- Computer access is preferred so that you can view presentation slides. If that’s not an option, it is possible to join by phone and listen-in: dial +1 (208) 925-0142 and use PIN 508 416 432#.
- Audio quality: We will be using a new system (Owl Meeting Pro) and hoping that the microphone system will allow remote participants to hear those in the room. We apologize in advance if the sound quality isn’t as clear as we’d like.
- Important: when using Google Meet, please be careful to keep your connection muted until it’s time for you to speak. We thank you for your cooperation!
NOAA Sanctuary staff are closely monitoring the CDC’s COVID-19 Community Level for Santa Barbara County, which as of Sept 7th was LOW; if it changes to HIGH by September 9, 2022, the meeting may be held online only, in which case sanctuary staff will send updated meeting announcements. In the meeting room, masks may be worn at the discretion of each individual, in-person attendance will be capped at fifty (50), and surgical face masks and hand sanitizer will be available. While in-person attendance is encouraged, if you feel sick, please stay home and consider joining the meeting online.
Details will be posted for each of the following public sanctuary advisory council meetings as the event draws near:
- Friday, March 17, 2023 (Museum of Ventura County with online option)
- Friday, May 19, 2023 (Santa Barbara Zoo with online option)
- Friday, July 21, 2023 (Ventura County with online option)
- Friday, September 15, 2023 (Santa Barbara County with online option)
- Friday, November 17, 2023 (Ventura County with online option)